Mega Green Tea Extract (lightly caffeinated), 100 vegetarian capsulesLife Extension
Mega Green Tea Extract (Lightly Caffeinated)
100 vegetarian capsules
Green tea contains health-promoting polyphenols including epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG), a powerful antioxidant which has been the subject of extensive scientific research. The antioxidant activity of EGCG is about 25–100 times that of vitamins C and E.336 One cup of green tea provides roughly 200 mg of polyphenols337 and has antioxidant effects that are greater than a serving of broccoli, spinach, carrots or strawberries.
One capsule of Life Extension’s Mega Green Tea Extract provides more polyphenols than you get from drinking three cups of green tea. This 98% green tea extract is standardized to provide high potency EGCG, by far the most important polyphenol green tea provides. And green tea powdered extracts have been shown to absorb 60%-90% better into the bloodstream338 and to be far more bioavailable than drinking green tea itself.
Green tea has been shown to provide many benefits including:
- Scavenging reactive oxygen species such as superoxide and the hydroxyl and peroxyl radical339-343
- Fluid-stabilizing properties344-347
- Possibly promoting weight loss348-353
- Boosting the effectiveness of enzymatic phase II detoxification354-360
- Helping maintain healthy cell proliferation361-375
- Helping maintain healthy blood cholesterol, LDL and triglyceride levels already within normal range376-384
- Enhancing immune function385-400
- Displaying protective effects on brain tissues401-411
Mega Green Tea Extract has been concentrated and dual standardized to ensure the highest quality, consistency and biological activity. This advanced extract contains 98% total polyphenols and 45% epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG).
- Take one capsule per day without food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- Each serving contains approximately 25 mg of caffeine (the amount found in 2/3 cup brewed green tea).
- 100 Capsules
- Vegetarian Capsule