Tart Cherry with CherryPURE®, 60 vegetarian capsulesLife Extension
Tart Cherry with CherryPURE®
60 vegetarian capsules
Anthocyanin molecules give blueberries, raspberries, bilberries and cherries their dark pigmentation. Anthocyanins are potent antioxidant compounds with a wide range of health-promoting properties, especially for your muscles, providing faster relief from the minor discomfort and stiffness that can follow exercise.1-6 And tart cherries have a very high anthocyanin content.
Supporting exercise performance
Anthocyanins support exercise performance by promoting healthy blood flow and vascular function, supporting metabolic pathways, and inhibiting peripheral muscle fatigue. 7-8 In a randomized, controlled trial, 20 young women consumed tart cherry juice concentrate or a placebo for eight days. On day four, study participants engaged in a rigorous exercise regimen. Among the participants who took tart cherry, muscle soreness was limited and recovery encouraged within 72 hours of exercise compared with those who took the placebo.9 Similar results were observed in a trial of tart cherry on male semi-professional soccer players.10
Post-exercise muscle recovery in clinical studies
In a randomized controlled trial, consuming tart cherry juice twice daily over seven days provided substantial relief in muscle discomfort after a strenuous long-distance running event compared with placebo.11
In another randomized, placebo-controlled study, the exercise-induced loss of strength following a workout was 22% with the placebo compared with only 4% with tart cherry juice.12
Recovery for marathon runners
Marathon runners given tart cherry juice for five days before a race, on race day and for two days after a race experienced significantly faster recovery of isometric strength and muscle function compared with a placebo group.13
Whether you’re a marathon runner or just exercising to stay in shape, Tart Cherry with CherryPURE® is an excellent addition to your post-workout regimen.
- The Journal of Nutrition. 2009;139(10):1896-1900.
- British Journal of Sports Medicine. 2006;40(8):679-683.
- Scandinavian journal of medicine & science in sports. 2010;20(6):843-852.
- Compr Rev Food Sci Food Saf. 2013;12(5):483-508.
- Crit Rev Food Sci Nutr. 2017;57(8):1729-1741.
- Food Nutr Res. 2017;61(1):1361779.
- Nutrients. 2017;9(8)
- Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2018:1-27.
- Eur J Sport Sci. 2019;19(1):95-102.
- Nutrients. 2016;8(7)
- J Int Soc Sports Nutr. 2010;7:17.
- Br J Sports Med. 2006;40(8):679-83.
- Scand J Med Sci Sports. 2010;20(6):843-52
- Take one (1) softgel daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- 60 Capsules
- Vegetarian Capsule