Vitamin D3, 5,000 IU, 60 softgelsLife Extension
5,000 IU, 60 softgels
Maintaining healthy levels of vitamin D helps preserve youthful cognitive function and offers broad-spectrum benefits for bone, immune system health and more. Here's why you should be making sure you get enough of this essential vitamin every day:
Vitamin D is important for maintaining cognitive health and function as you age. Healthy serum vitamin D levels have been shown to correspond with better scores on cognitive health tests and better maintenance of cognitive ability in aging individuals.1-4
Bone and immune health
Vitamin D (along with vitamin K and essential minerals) is essential for facilitating the transport of calcium into the bone matrix.5 This is an important step in maintaining strong, healthy bones and teeth. Vitamin D also plays a critical role in healthy immune function.5,6
Heart health & blood pressure support
Vitamin D helps to regulate the body's calcium balance while facilitating calcium absorption into the bloodstream, promotes a healthy inflammatory response in the cardiovascular system and encourages healthy endothelial function.7,8 Vitamin D may also help inhibit excess renin levels. Healthy renin levels help maintain healthy blood pressure already within the normal range.9
Getting enough vitamin D
This vitamin D3 supplement delivers 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 as cholecalciferol per softgel. We suggest that you take a 25-hydroxy vitamin D blood test after 3 months to assess and adjust your dosage. Your optimal blood levels should be 50–80 ng/ml year-round.
- J Am Geriatr Soc. 2017;65(10):2161-2168.
- Neurology. 2012;79(13):1397-405.
- Exp Gerontol. 2017;90:90-97.
- Ageing Res Rev. 2013;12(4):1013-23.
- Linus Pauling Institute. Vitamin D. Accessed 9/5/19. https://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/vitamins/vitamin-D
- J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2018;175:190-194.
- J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;58(2):186-92.
- Hypertension. 2011;57(1):63-9.
- Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2010;8(11):1599-608.
- Take one (1) softgel daily with food, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- 60 Softgels