Vitamin D3 with Sea-Iodine, 5,000 IU, 60 capsulesLife Extension
Vitamin D3 with Sea-Iodine™
5,000 IU, 60 capsules
Iodine is essential for thyroid health
Iodine is a trace element essential for supporting the production of the thyroid hormones triiodothyronine (T3) and thyroxine (T4). The thyroid gland actively absorbs iodide from the blood in order to make and release these hormones. Iodine is abundant in seafood and sea vegetables, but not everyone likes or has access to marine foods and vegan diets sometimes lack adequate iodine.1
Commercial salt makers add iodine to table salt to make up for this potential deficiency. However, those who don’t eat salt may miss out on an easy source of iodine. Our Vitamin D3 with Sea-Iodine™ formula delivers 1,000 mcg of iodine derived from sea plants to support healthy iodine levels.
Vitamin D3 and cognitive health
Vitamin D is important for maintaining healthy cognitive function as you age. Healthy serum vitamin D levels have been shown to correspond with better scores on cognitive health tests and healthy cognitive ability.2,3
Vitamin D3 and bone and immune health
Vitamin D (accompanied by vitamin K and essential minerals) is essential for supporting the transport of calcium into the bone matrix. This is an important step in maintaining strong, healthy bones and teeth.4-6 Vitamin D also plays a critical role in healthy immune function.7,8
Vitamin D3 and heart health
Vitamin D helps to regulate the body's calcium balance while facilitating calcium absorption into the bloodstream, promotes a healthy inflammatory response in the cardiovascular system and encourages healthy endothelial function.9,10 Vitamin D may also help inhibit excess renin levels. Healthy renin levels help maintain healthy blood pressure already within the normal range.11
Get tested to assess dosage
This vitamin D3 supplement delivers 5,000 IU of vitamin D3 as cholecalciferol per capsule. We suggest you take a 25-hydroxy vitamin D blood test after three months to assess and adjust your dosage. Evidence suggests that, for most people, an optimal target vitamin D blood level may be about 50–80 ng/mL.
- Nutrients. 2018;10(2)
- Nutrients. 2019;11(4)
- Journal of the American Geriatrics Society. 2017;65(10):2161-2168.
- Molecular and Cellular Endocrinology. 2017;453:46-51.
- Histochemistry and Cell Biology. 2018;149(4):305-312.
- J Steroid Biochem Mol Biol. 2018;177:70-76.
- Endocrinology and Metabolism Clinics of North America. 2017;46(4):1061-1094.
- Nutrients. 2013;5(7):2502-21.
- J Am Coll Cardiol. 2011;58(2):186-92.
- Hypertension. 2011;57(1):63-9.
- Expert Rev Cardiovasc Ther. 2010;8(11):1599-608.
- Take one (1) capsule daily, or as recommended by a healthcare practitioner.
- This product is best utilized when taken with fat-containing, low fiber meals.
- 60 Capsules